case studies | Content Integration | Custom Content | Mobile | Multi-Platform | Rich Media Social | Video | Virtual Experience
Site Reveal: Starbucks "Tumbler Day"
- Raise awareness of Starbucks "Tumbler Day," where visitors can claim a free coffee by bringing a reusable coffee tumbler in-store
- Hearst Digital Media created a high-impact homepage site reveal unit to disseminate the Tumbler Day message across eco-oriented Hearst sites
- During the five days leading up to Earth Day 2011, The Daily Green and Good Housekeeping sites greeted visitors with a "Tumbler Tree" animation—tree branches reached across each site's homepage, with Starbucks-branded tumblers as the tree's "fruit"
- A tumbler then fell from the tree and expanded to reveal the Tumbler Day messaging before the limbs pulled back to reveal the homepage content
- The site reveal unit garnered an unprecedented click-through rate over the course of the five day flight!